[GEM-dev] Growing pix_buffer?

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Fri Mar 12 23:12:25 CET 2010

Hey all,

I'm use pix_buffers to store non-sequential images based on index.

I'd like to be able to grow a pix_buffer by 1 element at a time.

[add < would add a single slot to the end of the buffer. Its index would
be calculated from the length of the buffer.

The object could initiated as a growing pix_buffer by using a 0 as the
size argument.

There could be an upper limit of how many slots the buffer could grow
to. Or a second argument could define the max size, but then it would
need to send a signal when the buffer reached max, so maybe keeping
tracking of the size on the PD side would work better...

Anyhow I'm just thinking aloud here.

The only alternative I can think of is using a bunch of pix_buffers,
each holding a single image, that get dynamically created. That is bound
to be a lot less efficient, and certainly uglier than a central storage
area.

.b.