[GEM-dev] gmerlin problem

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Fri Mar 19 19:08:26 CET 2010

On Fri, 2010-03-19 at 00:06 +0100, Jack wrote:
> Here three captures of Synaptic to explain my problem.
> Sorry for the size and for the problem != GEM
> ++

I guess, that doesn't say all. There is a reason, why libgmerlin-avdec0
cannot be installed. Try:

$ sudo aptitude install libgmerlin-avdec0

This should give you some hint, why this package could not be
installed.

Generally speaking, the repositories from debian-multimedia are made for
debian and not for ubuntu. There is no guarantuee, that everything from
them works also in ubuntu.

I recently made a my own PPA on launchpad, which I initially made for
readanysf. As a matter of fact, it also has the packages you're looking
for, made specifically for a few ubuntu flavours:

https://launchpad.net/~reduzierer/+archive/rdz-pd-extra+deps

I hope, this works for you.

Roman