[GEM-dev] gmerlin problem

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sat Mar 20 18:27:10 CET 2010

On Fri, 2010-03-19 at 20:22 +0100, Jack wrote:

> Les paquets suivants ont des dépendances non satisfaites :
>   libgmerlin-avdec0: Dépend: libdvdread3 (>= 0.9.7) qui est un paquet
> virtuel
>   libdirac0c2a: Est en conflit avec: libdirac0 mais 1.0.0-0.0 doit être
> installé.
> Les actions suivantes permettront de résoudre ces dépendances :
>
> Yep, i have already seen this but i would like to understand what i do.
> Thx for your help.

It seems, it is missing libdvdread3. Ubuntu 9.10 comes with a package
libdvdread4, where current Debian stable (5.0.4) comes with libdvdread3
and since the debian-multimedia repository is made for Debian, those
packages depend on libdvdread3.

I haven't checked Debian testing or unstable. Probably those
repositories would work better for Ubuntu 9.10, but that's just a guess
and I strongly recommend to stick with repositories dedicated to Ubuntu,
unless you really know, what you're doing.

Roman