[GEM-dev] Prosilica in OSX

Jordi Puig criccrec at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 13:50:36 CET 2010

Hi all,

I just got the Prosilica GE680 and I wanted to try it in PD.
It has a well documented SDK running in windows, Linux and OSX. It
might not be too hard to implement an object to get the data and
configure the camera too.
I don't have any experience in developing objects for PD but, I could
make it work in OpenFrameworks with this addon:
http://file.stefanix.net/ofxVideoGrabberProsilica.zip

I saw also the request from IOhannes to add this feature to GEM here:
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/gem-dev/2010-01/004392.html

So I was wondering if it is already possible to run it under OSX. I
would like to help in the development, or testing if needed.

Thanks for any code, tip or trick!

Jordi Puig