[GEM-dev] pix_artoolkit not working properly

Markus Demmel az at zankapfel.org
Wed Mar 24 22:25:07 CET 2010

Hi,

so i've got pix_artoolkit working, but it recognizes the Marker only somtimes,
for some moments, even though the same setting (Lights, Position etc) works fine
with the "simpleTest"-example from ARToolKit.

And the data, that arrives makes no sense for the visualisation. I'm using:
https://pd-gem.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pd-gem/trunk/Gem/src/extra/pix_artoolkit/pix_artoolkit-help.pd
for that. The Numbers for the translationXYZ just seem to large (ranging from
-1000 to +1000) and even with scaling them down, the behaviour isn't making any
sense to me.

Has anybody had any succes with pix_artoolkit so far? A stable reproducable
recognition of an Marker? I don't want to have to route everything via OSC...

Regards,
Markus