[GEM-dev] HAVE_CARBONQUICKTIME breaks OSX QT code

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 17:26:17 CEST 2010

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 9:17 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

> On 2010-04-06 14:57, chris clepper wrote:
> > But all of the QT code is wrapped with HAVE_QUICKTIME, and in at least
> one
> > case it looks like HAVE_CARBONQUICKTIME undefines HAVE_QUICKTIME.
>
> cannot reproduce.
> i checked all the files that make use of "HAVE_CARBONQUICKTIME" and have
> the "undef" keyword, which builds down to Pixes/filmQT.h
> Pixes/recordQT.h, and here HAVE_QUICKTIME get's undefined only if it's
> not w32 and HAVE_CARBONQT is not defined.
> so if HAVE_CARBONQUICKTIME is defined (which it has to be if carbon is
> available) it shouldn't make a difference.

I defined both and the QT pix_ objects all did nothing when I compiled
them.  I had to change the undefine to define to get it going.  Maybe there
is something else in your setup or a mistake on my part?

The build setup on GEM has always been pretty bad, but now I have no idea
what is what since it has been a long time since I set it up.  The #ifdef
hell has descended several more layers, and I think it is extremely
difficult for even experienced developers to sort it out.