[GEM-dev] build error in trunk

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Apr 19 11:40:16 CEST 2010

On 2010-04-19 10:22, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> could you enable my ssh-key so i can login to the machine and see what
> can be done?

oops, i missed the "user: pddev" part in the wiki. i'm now in and trying.

i noticed, that there are several versions of autotools installed on the
build machine: in /usr/bin we have autoconf=2.59, whereas in /sw/bin/
there is autoconf=2.63.
for reasons unknown to me, the /usr/bin version seems to be called in
the autobuild process (conf. beginning of
http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/2010-04-19/logs/2010-04-19_03.15.43_darwin_macosx104-i386_pd-devel.txt)

now it seems that my build-system doesn't work with an autoconf that
old. i have therefore bumped the AC_PREREQ to 2.60,

however, this will not magically bring the autobuilds back yet, as they
will just fail when checking the available autoconf version.

is there a reason why /sw is not in the PATH?

mfsdr
IOhannes