[GEM-dev] build error in trunk

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Apr 20 21:04:16 CEST 2010

On Apr 19, 2010, at 5:40 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> On 2010-04-19 10:22, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>> could you enable my ssh-key so i can login to the machine and see
>> what
>> can be done?
>

> oops, i missed the "user: pddev" part in the wiki. i'm now in and
> trying.
>
> i noticed, that there are several versions of autotools installed on
> the
> build machine: in /usr/bin we have autoconf=2.59, whereas in /sw/bin/
> there is autoconf=2.63.
> for reasons unknown to me, the /usr/bin version seems to be called in
> the autobuild process (conf. beginning of
> http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/2010-04-19/logs/2010-04-19_03.15.43_darwin_macosx104-i386_pd-devel.txt)
>
> now it seems that my build-system doesn't work with an autoconf that
> old. i have therefore bumped the AC_PREREQ to 2.60,
>
> however, this will not magically bring the autobuilds back yet, as
> they
> will just fail when checking the available autoconf version.
>
> is there a reason why /sw is not in the PATH?

Some build systems are not happy with the tools provided in /sw, so
its good to make them optional.  You can add /sw to the PATH within
the configure.in, then people will inherit that setting when building
on their own machine.  I think its just a matter of adding this to the
top:

PATH="/sw:${PATH}"

If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of
it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into
the possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself
of it.            - Thomas Jefferson