[GEM-dev] shipping Gem as libdir

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri May 7 00:34:09 CEST 2010

I just ran a quick test against a recent Pd-extended nightly, I
downloaded Gem 0.92.3 from gem.iem.at and put it into ~/Library/Pd and
now that Gem gets loaded first before the embedded one.

The problem is that the manual and examples then don't show up in the
new help browser since that stuff is now based on libdirs.  So if the
'doc' folder was added to the 'Gem' folder as 'manual' and the
'examples' folder was moved to the 'Gem' folder, then the Gem
standalone releases would be a pretty solid libdir.

Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war on
terrorism.        - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom