[GEM-dev] new plugin system: correct file locations

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Fri May 14 19:19:21 CEST 2010

Hi all

I just tried current Gem build, which seems to use shared libraries for
certain tasks. After installing everything with 'make install', I
launched 'pd -lib Gem' and tried [pix_video], which gave me:

load plugins 'video' in ''
pattern : /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/Gem/gem_video*.so
error: [pix_video]: no video backends found!
... you might be able to track this down from the Find menu.

Those missing files were actually installed to /usr/lib/, so either Gem
should look there or those files should be installed
to /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/Gem/, I suppose. Or did I something wrong
when installing?

I temporarily worked-around the loading problem by symlinking those
gem_".so files to /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/Gem.

Roman