[GEM-dev] [pix_video]: how to free the device?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon May 17 11:07:01 CEST 2010

On 2010-05-17 10:12, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 09:16 +0200, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>> On 2010-05-14 19:48, Roman Haefeli wrote:
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> I couldn't find method to free a device, that is used by [pix_video]. Is
>>> it really missing or just not documented?
>>
>> they should be closed at least when you delete the object
>> or when you
>> switch to another backend / device.
>
> Don't know why I haven't tried to switch device, but it works indeed.

probably because it smells like the hack it is.

i have added open/close messages to [pix_video] now.

btw, fw-capture (with camcorders) is starting to work again (the old
backend was broken with the new juju stack on linux; if somebody wants
to try the new videoDV4L2 backend with the old stack and confirm that it
works, i will happily replace the old one...)

iidc should be next (have to wait for a cam)

fgmasdr