[GEM-dev] making [pix_multiimage] using glob

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jun 21 13:29:17 CEST 2010

On 2010-06-21 09:29, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> On 2010-06-18 19:37, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> Claudius just pointed out that the wildcard * in pix_multiimage is not a
>> wildcard at all, but a %d printf pattern.
>>
>> Anyone mind if I replace that code with a real glob?  I have the code
>> for all platforms in the folder_list.c external.
>>

> Gem has already abstracted away the code for globbing in Base/GemFiles.cpp.
>
> however, i would changing the "*" to a real wildcard would totally break
> compatibility.
> i would rather have the asterisk be replaced by something more
> convenient, e.g. "%d" (and allowing "%06d")

furthermore, i would happily dump the entire [pix_multiimage] altogether
(and leave it as it is, for legacy reasons), since all it's
functionality could be replaced with [pix_buffer].

i thought about adding the globbing code to [pix_buffer], but it is
probably more flexible and less effort, to just use it as it is and use
[folder_list] or something else to do the globbing.

fgnasdr