[GEM-dev] [ pd-gem-Feature Requests-1901418 ] pix_write to a PPM stream

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jul 15 09:06:46 CEST 2010

hi all, matju

On 2010-07-14 20:46, SourceForge.net wrote:

> Message:
> for writing to a PPM stream, you can already do [#from_pix, cast b] and
> then [#out ppm mypipe.ppm]. why require a GEM-only solution ?
>
> btw I don't understand what v4l1-loopback has to do with the question.

it has nothing to do with the question, but with the "solution".
with the loopback device you can create your ppm-stream using other
means outside of Gem.

i generally prefer solutions that require me to only implement a single
backend that opens the world to a number of possibilities (think un*x pipes)

gmasr