[GEM-dev] weirdeness : WAS Re: [ pd-gem-Bugs-3177253 ] pix_crop does not work anymore

cyrille henry ch at chnry.net
Mon Feb 14 12:53:13 CET 2011

Le 14/02/2011 12:32, IOhannes m zmoelnig a écrit :

> On 2011-02-14 12:06, cyrille henry wrote:
>>
>> hello

>>> darn.
>> does that mean "this is a huge problem, i put it on top of my priority".
>> or "oups, we're doomed"
>> ?
>
> i'm not sure yet.
> it's not on TOP of my priority list, but it is something i need to
> evaluate and probably come up with a better solution.
>
> the architectural change was done in order to make the render-chain more
> modular, so 3rd party objects could be used with various Gem releases
> without the need to re-compile.
ok, cool.

> right now, i think that only pix_ objects should be affected by the
> slow-down; is this correct?
no.

using patch in help folder/02.advanced/22.double-iterative.pd
changing "20" to "100" in both message in order to render lot's more cube.
using Gem svn from 20101231, it use about 68% of my CPU
using current svn gives 104%

i've got other patch where the difference is more important, but none of them use pix objects.