[GEM-dev] weirdeness

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Feb 15 18:19:09 CET 2011

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

> e.g. there is a frei0r plugin called "multiply", which could be accessed
> as [pix_multiply].
> since [pix_multiply] is already built into Gem, you will never get the
> frei0r plugin this way, you have to explicitely use
> [pix_frei0r multiply]

also PdVjTools' [pix_preview] vs FreeFrame's [pix_preview]. I just saw
this by trying to load PdVjTools' pix_preview-help.pd without compiling
the actual external.

but I'm not looking into making a list, I'm looking into not causing
nameclashes by importing names from people who have no idea about the
existence of the [pix_...] namespace in Pd/Gem (because they don't use Pd,
for example).

is it a good idea to have seamless integration ?