[GEM-dev] Problem with GEM/PMPD

Jack jack at rybn.org
Sun Mar 6 18:43:12 CET 2011

Le dimanche 06 mars 2011 à 17:44 +0100, IOhannes zmölnig a écrit :
> On 03/06/2011 04:32 PM, Jack wrote:
> > I forgot to precise :
> >
> > Pd 0.42-6
> > GEM: Graphics Environment for Multimedia
> > GEM: ver: 0.93.SVN rev3882M
>
> did you change something?
No.
> (the version indicates that you are not working with vanilla sources,
> but that might also be a false positive)
I installed Pd with Synaptic and installed GEM from SVN.

> >> I create the GEM window, then, i have to re-write the [gemhead] object
> >> to see the wave during few second (after Pd crash).
>
> could you produce a backtrace in gdb?
Yep, here (i hope it is what you need) :

Starting program: /usr/bin/pd
usage: pd [-flags] [file]...

audio configuration flags:
-r <n>           -- specify sample rate
-audioindev ...  -- audio in devices; e.g., "1,3" for first and third
-audiooutdev ... -- audio out devices (same)
-audiodev ...    -- specify input and output together
-inchannels ...  -- audio input channels (by device, like "2" or "16,8")
-outchannels ... -- number of audio out channels (same)
-channels ...    -- specify both input and output channels
-audiobuf <n>    -- specify size of audio buffer in msec
-blocksize <n>   -- specify audio I/O block size in sample frames
-sleepgrain <n>  -- specify number of milliseconds to sleep when idle
-nodac           -- suppress audio output
-noadc           -- suppress audio input
-noaudio         -- suppress audio input and output (-nosound is
synonym)
-listdev         -- list audio and MIDI devices
-oss             -- use OSS audio API
-alsa            -- use ALSA audio API
-alsaadd <name>  -- add an ALSA device name to list
-jack            -- use JACK audio API
      (default audio API for this platform:  OSS)

MIDI configuration flags:
-midiindev ...   -- midi in device list; e.g., "1,3" for first and third
-midioutdev ...  -- midi out device list, same format
-mididev ...     -- specify -midioutdev and -midiindev together
-nomidiin        -- suppress MIDI input
-nomidiout       -- suppress MIDI output
-nomidi          -- suppress MIDI input and output
-alsamidi        -- use ALSA midi API

other flags:
-path <path>     -- add to file search path
-nostdpath       -- don't search standard ("extra") directory
-stdpath         -- search standard directory (true by default)
-helppath <path> -- add to help file search path
-open <file>     -- open file(s) on startup
-lib <file>      -- load object library(s)
-font-size <n>     -- specify default font size in points
-font-face <name>  -- specify default font
-font-weight <name>-- specify default font weight (normal or bold)
-verbose         -- extra printout on startup and when searching for
files
-version         -- don't run Pd; just print out which version it is
-d <n>           -- specify debug level
-noloadbang      -- suppress all loadbangs
-stderr          -- send printout to standard error instead of GUI
-nogui           -- suppress starting the GUI
-guiport <n>     -- connect to pre-existing GUI over port <n>
-guicmd "cmd..." -- start alternatve GUI program (e.g., remote via ssh)
-send "msg..."   -- send a message at startup, after patches are loaded
-noprefs         -- suppress loading preferences on startup
-rt or -realtime -- use real-time priority
-nrt             -- don't use real-time priority
-nosleep         -- spin, don't sleep (may lower latency on multi-CPUs)
-schedlib <file> -- plug in external scheduler
-extraflags <s>  -- string argument to send schedlib
-batch           -- run off-line as a batch process
-noautopatch     -- defeat auto-patching new from selected objects
jack_client_new: deprecated
[New Thread 0xb7fe4b70 (LWP 12574)]
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server socket
jack server is not running or cannot be started
jack_client_new: deprecated
[Thread 0xb7fe4b70 (LWP 12574) exited]
[New Thread 0xb7fe4b70 (LWP 12575)]
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server socket
jack server is not running or cannot be started
[Thread 0xb7fe4b70 (LWP 12575) exited]
open: /etc/pd/gem.conf: No such file or directory
open: /home/jack/.pd/gem.conf: No such file or directory
open: ./gem.conf: No such file or directory

0x002f411f in ?? () from /lib/libc.so.6
(gdb)

Thanx.
++