[GEM-dev] videoKINECT plugin for pix_video

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Mar 21 20:33:11 CET 2011

I forgot to say thanks for putting this together!  One thing that is a
good place to start for good, clean code is the compiler warnings.
Some of these seem important, like "warning: no return statement in
function returning non-void"

/Users/hans/code/pure-data/trunk/Gem/src/Base/GemPixUtil.h:77:
warning: ‘struct imageStruct’ has virtual functions but non-virtual
destructor
videoKINECT.cpp:63: warning: unused parameter ‘timestamp’
videoKINECT.cpp:71: warning: unused parameter ‘timestamp’
videoKINECT.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool
gem::videoKINECT::openDevice(gem::Properties&)’:
videoKINECT.cpp:283: warning: suggest parentheses around assignment
used as truth value
videoKINECT.cpp: At global scope:
videoKINECT.cpp:281: warning: unused parameter ‘props’
videoKINECT.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool
gem::videoKINECT::enumProperties(gem::Properties&, gem::Properties&)’:
videoKINECT.cpp:391: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
integer expressions
videoKINECT.cpp:397: warning: no return statement in function
returning non-void
videoKINECT.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void
gem::videoKINECT::getProperties(gem::Properties&)’:
videoKINECT.cpp:403: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
integer expressions
videoKINECT.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void
gem::videoKINECT::setProperties(gem::Properties&)’:
videoKINECT.cpp:438: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
integer expressions
videoKINECT.cpp:431: warning: unused variable ‘restart’
videoKINECT.cpp:432: warning: unused variable ‘do_s_chan’
videoKINECT.cpp:432: warning: unused variable ‘do_s_pict’
videoKINECT.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool
gem::videoKINECT::enumProperties(gem::Properties&, gem::Properties&)’:
videoKINECT.cpp:397: warning: control reaches end of non-void function

.hc