[GEM-dev] Gem trunk pix_video not working on Mac OS X

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Mar 21 23:05:58 CET 2011

It seems that pix_film and pix_movie are not working either, same
thing, no image being written.  Oddly enough, pix_movie still does the
weird green strobing thing that it normally does on my computer, but
now it doesn't show any image.

.hc

On Mar 21, 2011, at 5:57 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Using last night's Pd-extended 0.43 nightly build on Mac OS X 10.5.8/
> Intel, opening the pix_video-help.pd patch does not show the camera
> image.  It works fine using Pd-extended 0.42.5.  Sofy was also
> having the same problem using nightlies on 10.6.
>
> When I open the help patch, the light turns on next to the camera,
> but the Gem rectangle remains white.
>
> .hc

> You can't steal a gift. Bird gave the world his music, and if you
> can hear it, you can have it. - Dizzy Gillespie

If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of
it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into
the possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself
of it.            - Thomas Jefferson