[GEM-dev] videoKINECT plugin for pix_video

IOhannes zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Mar 25 22:18:23 CET 2011

On 03/25/2011 04:30 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I have no idea what needs to be changed.  It looks like you're the best
> candidate for this one, but perhaps you could enlighten us?

well, currently, configure will force the use of pix_filmDarwin (when
compiling for OSX), which is something we don't want.
i think it should be enough, if it wouldn't define the
"GEM_VIDEOBACKEND" in Base/config.h at all, which would make Gem
automatically fall back to the generic plugin framework.

however, my point was more, that i would like to kindly ask you to not
run around and tell people that things are not working which in fact are
working, for the same reason i do not tell people to not use Pd-extended
because it fails to compile on w32 (which is something i figure when
looking at the build logs i get each day, not by looking at a download page)

vmsadr