[GEM-dev] videoKINECT plugin for pix_video

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Mar 28 03:37:44 CEST 2011

On Mar 25, 2011, at 6:03 PM, IOhannes zmölnig wrote:

> On 03/25/2011 10:31 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> I'll be more specific: On Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6, pix_film,
>> pix_movie,
>> and pix_video are not working for the Pd-extended 0.43 nightly builds
>> and I have no idea how to make them work.
>
> what does "not working" mean (apart from 'not working')?

I got no image what-so-ever from them.  I open pix_video-help.pd, the
camera LED turns on, but I get a white rectangle in the gemwin.

> also if they don't work at all, this should be fixed rather than
> spending time on [pix_kinect]
>

> anyhow, Gem's configure now takes arguments "--with-video=plugins" and
> "--with-film=plugins" that force the use of the plugin frameworks.

It is just a matter of adding those to the configure statement in
package/Makefile?  I don't know what needs doing there so I'd
appreciate it if you adding the ./configure flags that are needed.

I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have three
and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits.      - Martin
Luther King, Jr.