[GEM-dev] videoKINECT plugin for pix_video

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Mar 28 17:46:48 CEST 2011

On Mar 28, 2011, at 3:18 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> On 2011-03-28 03:37, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> It is just a matter of adding those to the configure statement in
>> package/Makefile?
>
> yes.
>
>> I don't know what needs doing there so I'd appreciate
>> it if you adding the ./configure flags that are needed.
>>

> speaking of which, i'd really like to move Gem into externals/ for the
> pdx builds.
>
> what do i need to do for that?

Why?  What problem does it solve beyond just being a little messy.  It
sounds like a headache to me, but if you really want to, go ahead, as
long as you deal with all the issues that arise.  I imagine its just a
matter of moving the SVN external, then changing all the paths in
packages/Makefile packages/*/Makefile packages/Makefile.buildlayout,
externals/Makefile, then any externals that need it in the
'externals/' section.

Using ReBirth is like trying to play an 808 with a long stick.    -
David Zicarelli