[GEM-dev] loading Gem should add path/to/Gem to search path?

IOhannes zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Apr 5 09:05:01 CEST 2011

On 04/04/2011 11:11 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Currently there are some abstractions shipped with Gem in the Gem/ dir,
> but if you load Gem, it'll find Gem/Gem.pd_linux, and then never add
> Gem/ to the search path so that its possible to load the abstractions
> without a 'Gem/' prefix.
>
> How about adding Gem/ to the searchpath when Gem is loaded? I think
> gridflow does this and it seems to work well there.

actually Gem does this as well (at least it should).
the trick is, that it has to find s_stuff.h at configure time to enable
this feature (as it depends on this header for inclusion) [1]

all the logic is done in Base/GemSetup.cpp

fgmasdr
IOhannes

[1] if it doesn't find the header during configure, please go ahead and
find out why.