[GEM-dev] loading Gem should add path/to/Gem to search path?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Apr 6 22:31:04 CEST 2011

On Apr 5, 2011, at 3:05 AM, IOhannes zmölnig wrote:

> On 04/04/2011 11:11 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> Currently there are some abstractions shipped with Gem in the Gem/
>> dir,
>> but if you load Gem, it'll find Gem/Gem.pd_linux, and then never add
>> Gem/ to the search path so that its possible to load the abstractions
>> without a 'Gem/' prefix.
>>
>> How about adding Gem/ to the searchpath when Gem is loaded? I think
>> gridflow does this and it seems to work well there.
>>

> actually Gem does this as well (at least it should).
> the trick is, that it has to find s_stuff.h at configure time to
> enable this feature (as it depends on this header for inclusion) [1]
>
> all the logic is done in Base/GemSetup.cpp

 From my Pd-extended point of view, not finding s_stuff.h is an error,
and the build should stop.  Here's my fix:

http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data?view=revision&revision=15062

All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies,
one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better
language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne