[GEM-dev] [ pd-gem-Bugs-3281206 ] thin white primitive borders are shown despite texture

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Apr 8 23:07:59 CEST 2011

Bugs item #3281206, was opened at 2011-04-08 23:07
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by sistisette
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=507079&aid=3281206&group_id=64325

not just the latest update.
Category: rendering (e.g. display)
Group: any operating system

Initial Comment:
Sometimes, depending on their size and/or position, rectangles (and I guess other polygons too but I mainly work with rectangles) are shown with a thin white border even if they are textured with a pix that has no white pixel in the proximity of the border, e.g. a completely black image or an image whose pixels close to the border are all black or transparent.

This has been there for years, I've always seen this happen since I use gem, across many versions. This happens both with Linux and Windows, i don't know on Mac OS.

If a rectangle is moving or changing size, the borders appear and disappear. Most of the time they are absent, I mean the values of position and size that cause the borders to appear are just a small fraction of the total.