[GEM-dev] [ pd-gem-Bugs-3224807 ] Gem tries to print Str63 and/or Str255 as if they were ordin

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 20 18:20:19 CEST 2011

Bugs item #3224807, was opened at 2011-03-19 04:18
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by sf-robot
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=507079&aid=3224807&group_id=64325

not just the latest update.
Category: Pixes (pix_ objects)
Group: None

Initial Comment:
pix film will not take $1 variable or %s variable to open mov file

Date: 2011-04-20 16:20

Message:
This Tracker item was closed automatically by the system. It was
previously set to a Pending status, and the original submitter
did not respond within 14 days (the time period specified by
the administrator of this Tracker).

Comment By: Hans-Christoph Steiner (eighthave)
Date: 2011-03-23 18:50

Message:
I think I fixed this in this commit:

http://pd-gem.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pd-gem?view=revision&revision=3890

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
Date: 2011-03-19 04:23

Message:
I first thought that there might be a bug with printing the error message,
because I found that Gem has one or more similar bugs. Inside of the source
code of [pix_filmDarwin] the error message above is printed by this
command:

error("unable to find file: %#s", theFSSpec.name);

But when looking at the programming manual of MacOSX 10.4 for what %#s
means, it says that %#s has no meaning ("#" would mean nothing when used
together with "s").

So, I don't know what %#s is supposed to be doing there, and whether it
means that theFSSpec.name is printed in the console in the wrong way or
what.

I know that in some places, Gem does (or used to do):

error("blahblah: %s", name);

instead of:

error("blahblah: %*s", *name, name+1);

and that it caused weird stuff to appear in the console when I got those
errors, but it's normally a lot less garbled than what you've got: I
could really see the filename, prefixed by one unwanted character, and
suffixed
by possibly a bunch of unwanted characters.

However, when I look at what theFSSpec.name is supposed to be in the error
message, it looks like it's part of the same problem.

 copied from matju's mail on pd-list