[GEM-dev] videoIO compilation error

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon May 30 12:00:53 CEST 2011

]On 2011-05-30 11:37, Antoine Villeret wrote:
> hi,
>
> humhum ok...
> I need to read and write video stream from Gem, videoIO appeared to be a
> good solution when it was alive...

well, yes and no. i don't think videoIO was ever in a state that could
accomplish this.

> is there a Gem plugins with which I can read/write HTTP and RTSP streams ?

afaic, you should be able to _read_ rtsp/http streams using the
gmerlin-avdec backend of [pix_film] (yes, that's [pix_film] rather than
[pix_video]; gmerlin-avdec is a generic video decoding framework
targeted mostly at video-file playback but which can also do some
networking)

however, there is currently no direct way to _write_ these streams.

> i also saw your pdgst which seems to be buggy...

"buggy" is a bit generic.

> so is there a solution (on Ubuntu 10.4) ?

dunno about the inclusion state of gmerlin-avdecoder in ubuntu-10.4;
it's definitely in current debian/wheezy, so it should hit ubuntu at
some point.

anyhow, this is what i would do:
- - read the streams using [pix_film]

- - write the streams to a pipe using [pix_record] and a v4l2loopback
device;
you will need the v4l2loopback kernel modules, which are available in
ubuntu starting with natty, or directly get them from
http://github.com/umlaeute/v4l2loopback/)
you will also need a recent enough version of Gem (that is: current SVN)
that has support for writing to v4l2-loopbacks in [pix_record]
- - send the stream using GStreamer (grabbing the v4l2 loopback source and
using whatever technology gstreamer offers to broadcast the stream)

(you could also do v4l1 loopback using the "vloopback" driver and
[pix_record]'s v4l1 writing capabilities; however v4l1 is considered
dead, so i'd use v4l2)

fgamsdr
IOhannes