[GEM-dev] FTGL on OSX (was Re: compiling GEM on osx)

Nicolas Montgermont nicolas_montgermont at yahoo.fr
Tue Jun 14 14:07:44 CEST 2011

Le 14/06/11 12:46, IOhannes m zmoelnig a écrit :
> so i tried to build Gem on OSX using a static version of FTGL and
> eventually succeeded.
> i wrote everything down in the FAQ [1].
ok cool, i'll try that as soon as I have time.
> short summary: build freetype&  ftgl as (multiarch and) _static_. and
> install. then link Gem against it.
just for the information, i thought to build statically on osx, one has
to link against the *.a lib like:
"/usr/local/lib/libftgl.a" instead of "-lftgl"
but in your code you use the second way.
Is there another way of linking statically?

thx
nicolas

btw: i think the gem faq could be linked in the left menu of the
puredata.info documentation folder:
http://puredata.info/docs/
i juste tried, but didn't succeed... does someone now a simple way to do
that?

--
http://nim.on.free.fr