[GEM-dev] [ pd-gem-Bugs-3336856 ] pix_film crashes with Apple Animation (runlength) videos

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 27 11:36:06 CEST 2011

Bugs item #3336856, was opened at 2011-06-27 11:28
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by sistisette
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=507079&aid=3336856&group_id=64325

not just the latest update.
Category: Pixes (pix_ objects)
Group: linux

Initial Comment:
pix_film crashes when loading png-encoded videos.
I encoded them with ffmpeg using -vcodec png.

I don't know which backend is being used for decoding the video files (how can I find out?) but lqtplay plays the same files without crashing (and Gem is linked against the same libquicktime as lqtplayed, at least that's what ldd says).

Date: 2011-06-27 11:36

Message:
Sorry It's NOT PNG, it's Apple Animation codec (runlength). I was testing
several videos and I got confused.

I edited the summary but I can't seem to edit the description.

The rest of the description is correct: lqtplay does not crash, Pd does.