[GEM-dev] [ pd-gem-Bugs-3277839 ] pix_film, pix_movie, pix_video give only white frames

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Jul 15 16:39:10 CEST 2011

Bugs item #3277839, was opened at 2011-04-06 16:00
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by eighthave
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=507079&aid=3277839&group_id=64325

not just the latest update.
Category: Pixes (pix_ objects)
Group: osx

Initial Comment:
On Mac OS X 10.5.8/Intel on a MacBookPro3,1 with a GeForce 8600M GT, using a Pd-extended 0.43 nightly build from 2011-04-01, pix_film, pix_movie, and pix_video only give me white frames.  With pix_video, it turns on the LED next to the camera like its opened the camera.  With pix_film-help.pd, using anim-1.mov, pix_film reports [91 256 256( from its second outlet, but the [rectangle] is only white.

This problem was initially discussed in this thread:
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/gem-dev/2011-03/005026.html

Date: 2011-07-15 10:39

Message:
I just downloaded today's Pd-extended build, and the problem is the same.
My guess is that the plugins are not being install now.

Comment By: IOhannes m zmölnig (zmoelnig)