[GEM-dev] pix_window object

lluisgomez at hangar.org lluisgomez at hangar.org
Sat Jul 16 16:03:19 CEST 2011

hi list,

I sent this message yesterday to the list but it is probably blocked by the
attachment size or somehting else ... I send it again without the attachment,
you can download it here: http://artefacte.org/pix_window.tar.gz

just want to share a pix_window object which implements an independent GLX
window to display pixes and works only in GNU/Linux. I really don't know if
there is something similar already implemented ... but if not, this one could
be
useful for -DLINUX :)
the obejct is based in some code I found in the NEHE lessons ... nice stuff!

For me it's working perfectly in Ubuntu Lucid but It also worked well on
previous ones ... not sure in latest...

To complile it I used the svn tree, just adding the files in src/Pixes/ and
modifying a bit the makefiles :
	the pix_window object depends on libxxf86vm (X11 XFree86 video mode
extension), so:
	- "apt-get install libxxf86vm-dev" is needed
	- and Gem.pd_linux must be linked using "-lXxf86vm"

comments and any feedback are really wellcome!

salut,
ll.