[GEM-dev] nightly builds using Gem build system

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Jul 21 22:29:43 CEST 2011

On Jul 18, 2011, at 4:17 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> On 2011-07-16 23:28, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> I switched the Pd-extended build system to use the Gem build system
>> directly for everything, including 'make install' and Windows/
>> MinGW.  I
>> just fixed one small MinGW build bug, and am now installing Quicktime
>> 7.3 SDK on the Windows build machine.
>

> great.
>
> however, i don't understand your "tweaked configure flags for Gem on
> MinGW" commit that does:
> <snip>
> +		--disable-mmx \
> +		--enable-sse2 \
> </snip>
>
> why would you want to disable "MMX" if you are enabling "SSE2"?

I was under the impression that SSE2 replaces MMX, and that if you're
using SSE2, you should not use MMX at all.  But I could be wrong.  If
anyone knows better than me, please adjust accordingly.

Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a more
direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in practice,
it can change entire economies.     - Amy Smith