[GEM-dev] more mingwoes32

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Aug 1 17:00:49 CEST 2011

On Aug 1, 2011, at 3:51 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> On 2011-07-30 21:27, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> Looks like we might want to try setting this in aclocal.m4 or
>> something
>> like that:
>> hardcode_into_libs=no
>>

> do you have any more information on your suggestion?
> i never heard about it before.
>

> aclocal.m4 is generated by autoconf, so we better not touch it (and
> instead but it into some other .m4 file)
>
> doing a short inspection of the aclocal.m4 (generated on my debian
> box),
> it seems that "hardcode_into_libs" is set to "no" anyhow, for all but
> AIX, FreeBSD(>>2), GNU/Hurd, Haiku, HPUX (64bit), Interix, IRIX,
> Linux,
> NetBSD, QNX, Solaris, Sco and TPF.

Oh well, sounds like its there already.  I was just searching the
libtool docs for 'run-paths'.  Does the build system think its making
something other that .DLLs?  As far as I know, Windows DLLs don't have
any sense of their path, you can load them from anywhere. This is in
contrast to .a or Mac OS X .dylibs files.

realize his wishes.  Now that he can realize them, he must either
change them, or perish.    -William Carlos Williams