[GEM-dev] NVidia optimus on Linux and Gem

jack at rybn.org jack at rybn.org
Mon Aug 15 15:29:17 CEST 2011

Hello,

I would like to know if people on this list use a NVidia graphic card with
Optimus on Linux and Gem and tell us if they encounter problems ? I would
like to buy a new laptop but i read in different forum that NVidia doesn't
plan to develop a driver on Linux using this technology. I also read that
this technology with i5 Sandy Bridge and NVidia GT 540 might suffer of
throttling (that could be a big issue in a peformance using Pd and Gem). I
am looking for a good laptop to use Gem with a weight < 2.2 kg.
Thanx.
++

Jack