[GEM-dev] more mingwoes32

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Aug 17 00:25:46 CEST 2011

On Aug 5, 2011, at 1:31 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> On Aug 3, 2011, at 3:14 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

>> On 08/03/2011 08:38 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>>>
>>> The files need to end up in
>>> /c/home/pd/auto-build/pd-extended/packages/win32_inno/build/ .  The
>>> installer will then take everything in that directory and install it
>>> into %ProgramFiles%\pd.  So DESTDIR is
>>> /c/home/pd/auto-build/pd-extended/packages/win32_inno/build, then in
>>> order to get everything in DESTDIR to end up installed in
>>> %ProgramFiles%\pd, prefix has to be blank.  Then
>>
>> hmm, if the prefix is "/", it would end up there as well, or do i
>> miss
>> something?
>

> No such luck, it still fails with --prefix=/  The weird thing is
> that it seems to work when manually run in the msys shell on the
> build server.  Perhaps its somehow related to env vars?  Here's the
> diff between running 'set' in the msys shell and in the auto-build
> script:

[snip]

So I think I found the answer, it has to do with -rpath.  When run in
the autobuild, the command that has the weird libtool run-paths error
has this snippet in it:

  -o Gem.la -rpath   -L/home/pd/auto-build/pd-extended/pd

When I run the make from the msys run directly, this same snippet
looks like:

  -o Gem.la -rpath /extra/Gem  -L/home/pd/auto-build/pd-extended/pd

On MinGW, we don't need rpath since DLLs are relocatable, they don't
have a hardcoded path in them.  So I'm adding --disable-rpath and
trying the build again.  Wish me luck!

Otherwise, the scopeXYZ thing is still a problem...

The arc of history bends towards justice.     - Dr. Martin Luther
King, Jr.