[GEM-dev] NVidia optimus on Linux and Gem

Menno van der Woude mennowo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 18:20:17 CEST 2011

hello,

related to this topic: I am also looking into buying a laptop for a
project I am doing.
I made a port of (a revised) [pix_drum] to openframeworks, then use
OSC to send info to Pd.
Pd will generate sound based on the info it receives.

I am wondering: is there a big difference for this and similar tasks
between i5 and i7 processors?
It's a big price difference, and if results for graphics and sound
tasks are the same I will prefer i5...

Also, how are things going with using Nvidia graphics?
Using 3D will not be necessary at this moment in this project, but I
may wish to do so in the future.
Since I look into buying something like Asus X53SV, it is relevant.

Bye,
menno