[GEM-dev] MinGW build progress

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Aug 24 19:27:59 CEST 2011

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 09:51 +0200, "IOhannes m zmoelnig" <zmoelnig at iem.at>
wrote:

> On 2011-08-22 20:33, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> >
> > Hey IOhannes and all,
> >
> > I'm wondering if now is a good time to continue with the MinGW porting.
> > If not, I'll just remove Gem from the Windows nightly build.  Any ideas
> > on the -rpath being blank, IOhannes?  I'm stumped, and I thought you
> > might have some insight since you wrote most (all?) of the autotools stuff.
> >

> unfortunately i don't have any ideas right now how to fix it, and it
> (again :-() dropped in my priority list.
>
> i still recommend doing a "make -k" for experimental(!) autobuilds,
> which would allow to leave non-working stuff in.
>
> if you cannot live with that, it'd probably be best to remove it from
> the w32 builds for the time being.
>
> fgamsdr
> IOhannes

An essential part of the whole Pd-extended build process is making sure
that all the pieces are there.  Using make -k prevents that from
working.

Anyway, I removed Gem from the Windows builds until we get it building
under MinGW.  Here's the commit:
http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data?view=revision&revision=15278