[GEM-dev] I can't see Gem window when I create it

ch at chnry.net ch at chnry.net
Thu Sep 1 16:28:26 CEST 2011

 On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 16:15:00 +0200, Jack wrote:
>> GEM-dev mailing list
>> GEM-dev at iem.at
> I made different tests.
 good
> 1) with 'topmost' message (after and before the creation of the Gem
> window) : it doesn't work
> 2) create the Gem window only on one screen (and in fullscreen with
> 'border 0' or 'fullscreen 1') : it doesn't work
> 3) create the Gem window on one screen or on several screens (without
> 'border 0') : it works.

 ok

> So, i have a problem when in use 'border 0'.

 yep
> It seems i have a problem in my configuration ? Do you know where i
> have to search ?

 i never use ubuntu 11.04.
 it's the only thing that is different than working configuration.

> To finish, there is another strange behavior when i reset, create and
> destroy the Gem window many times, i don't get the same FPS (using
> abstraction [realFPS]) for exactly the same scene ! The framerate
> stay
> to 0 the first time,
 look like the windows is invisible (or notcreated), so that rendering
 is not really turn on.

>go to 50 the second time and go to 20 or 25 the
> third time.
 after a reset, gem goes to default 20fps.
 so, it's normal (unless you send frame 50 after the reset).

 ++