[GEM-dev] multiple video input streams became very slow after update

Harrie Hoogeveen harrie.hoogeveen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 12:09:27 CEST 2011

Hello,

I found a solution:
If I down grade to kernel 2.6.36 it works fine. If I use kernel 2.6.37, it
stutters and from 2.6.38 and up, v4l support is removed.
That was the last part I was suspecting.
So I am good for the moment, but if I understand correctly, for future use I
will have to upgrade my steaming to v4l2 or gstreamer.
I tried also the gstreamer option, but I don't get it to work. The
pix_gs2gem seems to break on runtime and I find the documentation on how to
use the components in the right order quite confusing.
I will ask Salsaman from LiVES if has plan's for supporting v4l2loopback and
hopes that performs better than vloopback in the current kernel.

Is there maybe support for SDL streams in GEM?

Thanks for the support,
if you are interested in the result: http://www.facebook.com/vjharriebo.

If I get a working setup that will be supported in the main version, I will
document my setup.

Regards,
Harrie