[GEM-dev] Error in terminal V4L2 and libV4Lconvert

Jack jack at rybn.org
Thu Sep 29 09:13:51 CEST 2011

Hello,

I made a patch on my laptop with Pd 0.42.6 and Gem 0.93.SVN rev4516. It
is working fine on this configuration.
I send it to a friend which one is on the same Ubuntu (but maybe a
different Pd and Gem, i think it is pd-ext 0.42.5).
The patch use two [pix_video], one [pix_film] with a movie using mjpeg
codec.
When he opens the patch, he gets :

v4l2: vidioc_s_crop: Invalid argument
v4l2: VIDIOC_S_FMT: Invalid argument
v4l2: vidioc_s_crop: Invalid argument
v4l2: VIDIOC_S_FMT: Invalid argument
libv4lconvert: Error decompressing JPEG: fill_nbits error: need 9 more
bits
libv4lconvert: Error decompressing JPEG: fill_nbits error: need 9 more
bits
libv4lconvert: Error decompressing JPEG: fill_nbits error: need 9 more
bits
libv4lconvert: Error decompressing JPEG: fill_nbits error: need 9 more
bits

Any help about the meaning of this errors is welcome.
Thanx.
++

Jack