[GEM-dev] gemframebuffer flood

cyrille henry ch at chnry.net
Fri Oct 21 18:56:17 CEST 2011

hello,

Le 20/10/2011 19:26, Guido Tamino a écrit :
> Hey thanks,
>
> the problem here is that I need to "downsample" in real time. The framebuffer size is calculated on the amout of blur applied so that the more you blur, the faster is the effect. You can imagine what happens when I change the size for five or more [gemframebuffer] at once, the console gets literally flooded.

the flooded consol is really a minor effect of the fact that resizing frambuffer just destroy old framebuffer and recreate a new one.
i don't know if openGL allow a more real time safe way to resize framebuffer.

> There are two more issues:
>
> 1. When linking multiple [gemframebuffer] and [pix_texture] with the texture id, the quality mode changes from the default GL_LINEAR to GL_NEAREST. Is this a bug? See this example patch, the right side stay completely harsh until you send a quality message -> http://www.mediafire.com/?qfe1q7d9vo84zlf

hum, things are strange here.
the right side is not harsh when loading this patch on my computer.
The left side is!
sending quality 1 on the left side does affect the right side.
so there is a problem.
I think one has to investigate and report as bug.
i don't know if i'll have time soon.

anyway, you still can send quality 1 everywhere...

> 2. This is kind of hard to explain: the border of the framebuffer seems to get blended with the background when using GL_LINEAR on a following [pix_texture]. See the image -> http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/9083/gemborder.jpg
use "repeat 0" message in order not to interpolate with looped image.

Cyrille