[GEM-dev] getting latest Gem into Pd-extended

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sat Oct 22 21:23:55 CEST 2011

hey Ricardo,

Its great that you are doing that.  That reminds me, since you are
getting deeper into Pd development, and are working on Gem-related
stuff, I think your attention is most needed on Gem itself.  Gem is
hosted in a separate sourceforge project, so you have to ask IOhannes
for commit access, if the new git repo is going to work like that.

A great place to start is the details, like you already have.  Then
also any deployment details.  I've been working on my 'load every
help' automated test script and find it very valuable for finding
problems.  The Gem reference is not included yet because it needs to
run in the GUI, and the current script runs 'pd -nogui', but I'll try
to get a GUI version running too so we can test the Gem stuff too.

.hc