[GEM-dev] getting latest Gem into Pd-extended

Ricardo Fabbri rfabbri at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 03:50:36 CEST 2011

Hi, IOhannes,

That all sounds great. I have been working a lot with Gem this week
and will be submitting many patches, many of them small to get
started, but important IMHO.

I can push to my own repo online then send you a request to pull from
that. However, I guess that depends on how much time you have in your
hands. The rw access to the main repo is the fastest way for small
changes that you can later review through the commit log at your
leisure, so I annoy you less, and so that the community can get the
changes quickly. I could even agree with you to commit medium to large
changes on a specific branch. We can spend some time building trust,
but I have been working fine with Hans and Lluis on pd extended, so
you can take their opinion to begin with.

Here is a 1-line patch to Output/Makefile.am, but very significant
since it fixes broken Gem builds with newer automake:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3429037&group_id=64325&atid=507081

I have already mailed that Makefile.am out to a few people who can't
wait for the main repo to be updated (I work on a distributed team)..
It would be nice to have a faster track as mentioned above for these
sorts of small fixes to reach the community. Hans can testify that I
have properly asked him for permission before committing further
things to pd-extended, you can bet I will also be acting carefully
with the Gem source code.

Best,
Ricardo Fabbri
--