[GEM-dev] [ pd-gem-Bugs-3323319 ] problem with flv file (libaviplay & gmerlin)

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 2 11:35:52 CET 2011

Bugs item #3323319, was opened at 2011-06-20 20:15
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by zmoelnig
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=507079&aid=3323319&group_id=64325

not just the latest update.
Category: Pixes (pix_ objects)
Group: linux

Initial Comment:
When I try to play the linked flv files with pix_film, I get only green garbage.

I guess it is playing it with libaviplay, since I see the following on the console:

pix_film:: quicktime support
pix_film:: libmpeg3 support
pix_film:: libaviplay support
[pix_film]: opening /home/teo/lavoro/nico_baixes/new/test_pages/proj1/video/pitchalt.flv with format 1908
[pix_film]:  ...
[pix_film]:  ...
[pix_film]:  ...
quicktime failed[pix_film]:  ...
MPEG3 failed[pix_film]:  ...
[pix_film]: loaded file: ......./pitchalt.flv with 2147483647 frames (320x213) at 0.000000 fps

There's no error message.
The file plays fine on other players.
I guess the issue may be in libaviplay itself...

The test file: http://totalwebvideo.com/pitchalt.flv

Date: 2011-11-02 11:35

Message:
i checked again, and current Gem (at least the development version) CAN
play the given flv using the GMERLIN backend.

Comment By: IOhannes m zmölnig (zmoelnig)
Date: 2011-06-21 10:37

Message:
i checked with "aviplay" (which comes in the 'avifile-player'  package and
is a cmdline player for libavifile/ilbaviplay) and indeed it is unable to
play this file.
so your problem seems to be with libavifile

unfortunately, the file also does not play with the GMERLIN backend, which
i would expect to work (esp, since the standalone player 'gmerlin' _can_
play this file)

so there _are_ issues with this file and Gem's playback capabalities.