[GEM-dev] new pix_colordetect

Ricardo Fabbri rfabbri at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 23:47:28 CET 2011

Dear IOhannes and gem community,

I have writen a color detector and would like to see if you think it
could be included in Gem. As far as I researched in the past weeks,
there is no similar code in Pd libraries. I developed this code by
careful tuning based on a ground-truth dataset of about 200 color
images from paper. The code detects color classes that is
*perceptually* and unambiguously red, green, blue, yellow, black, and
white. It will let you know when it is unsure of the output.

Perhaps you can pull the "color" branch from my published Git repo at:

git://github.com/rfabbri/Gem.git

I rebased the branch on the latest Gem git master branch.

I wrote a help patch help/pix_colordetect-help.pd which works on an
image and an example/demo patch in
examples/04.video/07.bg_subtract_tracking.pd that works on a video.
To test the code, I suggest taking a look at these patches.

I look forward to your feedback, and your opinion about incorporating
it into Gem.
Ricardo Fabbri
--
Linux registered user #175401