[GEM-dev] [ pd-gem-Patches-3436466 ] multiblob help improvement

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 11 13:31:52 CET 2011

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by zmoelnig
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=507081&aid=3436466&group_id=64325

not just the latest update.
Category: Pd patch
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi,

I documented a crucial limitation about pix_multiblob, namely, that it limits blobs to 10K pixels (e.g. 100x100), since it needs to avoid stack overflow in its recursion-based algorithm. In the attached patch I am also explaining what \"weighted\" means, based on what the sourcecode does.

As a workaround to the pix_multiblob limitation, people should be using pix_opencv_floodfill instead. Otherwise the results will be weird for any object greater than 10K pixels in area.