[GEM-dev] Gem and Optimus

Jack jack at rybn.org
Tue Nov 15 13:04:32 CET 2011

Le 15/11/2011 10:06, IOhannes m zmoelnig a écrit :

> On 2011-11-08 12:10, Jack wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> It's a good new for me today. I can now use the NVidia graphic card on
>> my Optimus laptop with Gem and Bumblebee.
>> Before when i launched pd and gem with :
>> $ optirun pd-gem
>> Pd crashed very often.
>> Until this morning (with an upgrade of different openGL library on my
>> Ubuntu 11.04) i can launch pd and Gem without problem.
>> This is nice ! :)
>> So people who have laptop with Optimus should upgrade their openGL
>> library today and install the last Bumblebee.
> which version of bumblebee and openGL/nvidia-drivers do you have
> installed for a success?
$ dpkg -l | grep OpenGL
ii  compiz
1:0.9.4+bzr20110606-0ubuntu1~natty2        OpenGL window and compositing
manager
ii  compiz-core
1:0.9.4+bzr20110606-0ubuntu1~natty2        OpenGL window and compositing
manager
ii  compiz-gnome
1:0.9.4+bzr20110606-0ubuntu1~natty2        OpenGL window and compositing
manager - GNOME window decorator
ii  compiz-plugins
1:0.9.4+bzr20110606-0ubuntu1~natty2        OpenGL window and compositing
manager - plugins
ii  freeglut3
2.6.0-1ubuntu2                             OpenGL Utility Toolkit
ii  freeglut3-dev
2.6.0-1ubuntu2                             OpenGL Utility Toolkit
development files
ii  libftgl2
2.1.3~rc5-3                                library to render text in
OpenGL using FreeType
ii  libgl1-mesa-dev
7.10.2-0ubuntu2.1                          A free implementation of the
OpenGL API -- GLX development files
ii  libgl1-mesa-dri
7.10.2-0ubuntu2.1                          A free implementation of the
OpenGL API -- DRI modules
ii  libgl1-mesa-glx
7.10.2-0ubuntu2.1                          A free implementation of the
OpenGL API -- GLX runtime
ii  libglew1.5
1.5.7.is.1.5.2-1ubuntu2                    The OpenGL Extension Wrangler
- runtime environment
ii  libglewmx1.5
1.5.7.is.1.5.2-1ubuntu2                    The OpenGL Extension Wrangler
- runtime environment
ii  libglu1-mesa
7.10.2-0ubuntu2.1                          The OpenGL utility library (GLU)
ii  libglu1-mesa-dev
7.10.2-0ubuntu2.1                          The OpenGL utility library --
development files
ii  virtualgl
2.2.90-1~nattyppa7                         Toolkit for displaying OpenGL
applications to thin clients

$ dpkg -l | grep bumblebee
ii  bumblebee
2.4.1-1~nattyppa1                          nVidia Optimus support

$ dpkg -l | grep nvidia
ii  nvidia-common
0.2.30.1                                   Find obsolete NVIDIA drivers
ii  nvidia-current
285.05.09-0ubuntu1~natty~xup1              NVIDIA binary Xorg driver,
kernel module and VDPAU library
ii  nvidia-settings
285.05.09-0ubuntu1~natty~xup1              Tool of configuring the
NVIDIA graphics driver

Hope it help.
++

Jack