[GEM-dev] GigE camera with Gem

Jack jack at rybn.org
Sat Nov 19 18:50:37 CET 2011

Le 18/11/2011 17:48, Jack a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know if someone had already worked with a GigE camera
> with Pd and Gem.
> I am interested to buy one and wanted to know a model working
> perfectly with Gem.
> Thanx.
> ++
>
> Jack

Hello IOhannes,

I see this on gem-dev list :

Comment By: IOhannes m zmlnig (zmoelnig)
Date: 2010-07-01 18:28

Message:
oh, and i have now added yet another backend called "videoAVT" which is
supposed to work with Prosilica's "AVT GiGE SDK".
it compiles nicely, but i have not tried whether it works at all.

please test!
if it doesn't work, either invest time to make it work, or send me a GiGE
cam.

Do you have succeed to make work a Prosilica GigE camera with Gem ?

I see this on puredata.info about Gem 0.93 :
support for industrial grade GigE cameras using 3rd party libraries such
as PYLON, Halcon or AVT's PvAPI

So i suppose the answer should be : Yes.
Is there someone who has tested this ?
Thanx.
++

Jack