[GEM-dev] Frame rate on MacOsX

Jack jack at rybn.org
Sat Nov 26 16:17:24 CET 2011

Le 26/11/2011 14:14, cyrille henry a écrit :
> did a test sound can play with no click when gem is at 40fps?
No, i get clicks (but this is a normal behavior).

> i suspect that the computer can't perform at 50fps, so it slow down at
> 40.
Yes, that depends of the complexity of my different scenes, but for me
it's acceptable even at 40 or 30 fps.
But for one of the scenes, Pd starts at 50 fps and during 15 seconds, it
is OK. Then (and i don't know why), pd goes to 60 fps during 30 seconds
and then go back to 50 fps. There is always the same 'things' in the
scene and same animation.
And today, it seems to perform as expected and i don't know why besause
i didn't change anything. ;)
> so pd time is late, and pd will try to speed things up when possible
> (so going at the 60fps maximum speed).
Yes, you are right.
Thanx for your help.
++

Jack

> cyrille
>

> Le 26/11/2011 14:04, Jack a écrit :
>> Le 26/11/2011 11:00, Nicolas Montgermont a écrit :
>>> stable here as well:
>>> 60Hz external screen
>>> 50 fps