[GEM-dev] pix_write relative path - osx

Nicolas Montgermont nicolas_montgermont at yahoo.fr
Thu Dec 1 13:08:45 CET 2011

Le 30/11/11 12:25, Nicolas Montgermont a écrit :
> Le 30/11/11 12:13, IOhannes m zmoelnig a écrit :
>>
>> On 2011-11-30 11:52, cyrille henry wrote:
>>> hello,
>>>
>>> getdir should not be included in Gem help file because it's not
>>> vanilla.
>>>
>> sure. jack and me were mainly suggesting a workaround to get things
>> going no.
> Do you think there is a way to make relative path work?

i was wondering myself something that is maybe stupid but:
- why is it difficult to use the same way of writing files that inside
vanilla? sounfiler and textfile for example work with relative path.
(even in pd-extended)
- otherwise, is there any obvious and good reason not to use getdir code
to get the actual patch dir inside gem, to have gem use relative path?
it seems to me that getdir code is only depending on m_pd.h

http://nim.on.free.fr