[GEM-dev] ann: videoVLC

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Dec 23 06:06:00 CET 2011

On Dec 22, 2011, at 12:00 AM, IOhannes zmölnig wrote:

> On 12/21/2011 08:12 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> Wow, that sounds nice.  Do you think it'll work on Mac OS X?  I'd be willing to set up the build machines for that, if so.
>>

> i don't see a reason why it would not work on OSX.
> the reason why i only mentioned linux and w32 is, that those are the
> only platforms i _tested_ it on (linux being my main dev platform; and i
> just happened to have a w32 machine setup for building Gem on mingw in
> my office so i gave it a try; my OSX box i use for testing is currently
> unavailable...)
>
> note however, that the videoVLC plugin still needs some work.
> namely, properties/options don't do anything yet ,which makes it less
> usable.

For the record, I seemed to need to use all of the possible settings to get it to work.  These two did not work:

./configure --with-libvlc-includes=-I/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/include --with-libvlc-libs="-L/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/lib -lvlc"

./configure PKG_LIBVLC_CFLAGS=-I/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/include PKG_LIBVLC_LIBS=-L/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/lib

I think this did:

./configure --with-libvlc-includes=-I/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/include --with-libvlc-libs="-L/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/lib -lvlc" PKG_LIBVLC_CFLAGS=-I/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/include PKG_LIBVLC_LIBS=-L/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/lib